GTS Dolphin has indoor accommodation for 45 people in bunks and single beds in numerous bedrooms and dorms.
The downstairs dormitory has 8 double bunks (16 beds) and the upstairs dormitory has 9 double bunks and 3 single beds (in a separate room). There are also two smaller rooms, with two sets of bunks in each room.
Protective fitted sheets are provided, but you must bring your own linen, blankets and pillows.
- The kitchen is fully equipped with a large oven, two fridges, microwave and dishwasher. A pie warmer is also available. All cooking utensils and crockery and cutlery are provided.
- There is a large barbecue available.
- The building is air conditioned and heated.
- The main area has a data projector and electronic screen, whiteboard, pin boards and audio system. As well as lots of tables and chairs.
- Upstairs there is a separate area with a TV and DVD.
There are 5 toilets and 5 showers in separate female, male and disabled areas, with sufficient hot water for 60 people.
There is also a washing machine, dryer and laundry trough.
Activities available for all facility users:
- Swimming - the beach is beautiful and safe for swimming
- Fishing - a popular fishing spot with mulloway, mullet, trout and whiting caught regularly. Hand reels are available but BYO bait or BYO fishing rod
- Dolphin watching - the Port River is home to a large pod of dolphins who love to surf the waves of the boats and ships as they go past, and they are often found near GTS Dolphin fishing or teaching their young new skills
- Boating - launch your own boat from the public boat ramp next door (fees apply)
- Giant Games - GTS Dolphin has a selection of giant games for indoor and outdoor use available for all users. Lots of kites too.
- The indoor area is ideal for a meeting space, games area (no balls inside please) or a craft workshop, as well as using it as a dining area.
Activities available at GTS Dolphin for Members of Girl Guides SA:
Boating hire is available to qualified and experienced boating instructors. For insurance and safety purposes, we cannot hire equiptment to groups without the requisite qualified leaders. The following instructors may conduct boating training courses at Dolphin:
* Girl Guides South Australia Leaders with Boating or Canoeing qualifications
* Scout Association Leaders with Boating Charge Certificates
Activities around and near GTS Dolphin:
- Port Adelaide is full of historical buildings. Catch the train to Adelaide from here.
- Semaphore is all full of historical buildings, but it has lovely little shops to browse through and great restaurants. There is also the beach and children's activities.
- South Australian Maritime Museum - more than just a museum, a real activity centre
- National Railway Museum - so much fun for children of all ages with lots of running trains
- South Australian Aviation Museum - they even have an F-111 in their collection
- Port Princess Dolphin Cruises - the boat leaves from the inner harbour at Port Adelaide and travels to Outer Harbour. A lovely couple of hours when you will normally see dolphins, the ship and submarine building areas and of course travel past GTS Dolphin
- Dolphin Explorer Cruises - the boat leaves from the inner harbour at Port Adelaide and travels to Outer Harbour. A lovely couple of hours when you will normally see dolphins, the ship and submarine building areas and of course travel past GTS Dolphin
- Largs Bay is only a short bike ride away where you can swim and have ice cream on the beach
- GTS Dolphin is well serviced by bus and train. See the Adelaide Metro website for full details
GTS Dolphin Fees
There are fees for various groups who use GTS Dolphin depending on
whether you are using the property by day, indoor accommodation or want use of boats (appropriately trained and qualified leaders only). Please refer to
the fee sheet applicable to your situation.
Please note all fees are reviewed annually.
GTS Dolphin Non Member Fees 2016
GTS Dolphin Member Fees 2016
For more information and bookings contact the booking officer at Girl Guides SA.
Phone (08) 8418 0900