WELCOME TO TUCKERWAY
Tuckerway Port Vincent
Port Vincent is a 2 hour drive from Adelaide and is a popular tourist destination on the Yorke Peninsula offering picturesque swimming locations, boating, fishing, walking trails and various sporting activities.
It is an ideal spot from which to explore Southern Yorke Peninsula with its National Parks and rugged coastal scenery.
Facilities: Indoor accommodation for up to 62 guests, outdoor camping area with campfire facilities, fully equipped kitchen with full catering available (please enquire), heating, BBQ area, large indoor group spaces, large covered verandah and outdoor areas.
Activities: Outdoor cooking on campfires, nature trails, star gazing, bird watching, indoor and outdoor games, beach activities, watersport facilities close by.
Location: 14 Lime Kiln Road, Port Vincent SA 5581
ACCOMODATION: Up to 62 guests.
RATES: $15 per person, per day use
$40 per person, per night
$200 Cleaning fee applies to all bookings
$400 flat fee deposit
Please note: deposit required on booking and final invoices issued once final numbers advised
CHECK IN / OUT:
Check in – 1pm / check out – 11am.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for catering options.
Tuckerway is a Girl Guides South Australia accommodation and camping property located on the main road into Port Vincent when travelling from Adelaide.
Tuckerway is suitable for school camps, large families or groups and Girl Guides and Scout camps and is used extensively by school groups undertaking activities with the Port Vincent Aquatic Centre.
Great accommodation consisting of a 14 bed dormitory and a 15 bed dormitory. Accommodation for an extra 25 is available in an adjacent recreation room, plus 4 twin share rooms with a total guest availability of 62 people.
Each main dormitory is serviced with two showers and toilets within the main
building. The recreation room is serviced with two showers and three toilets accessible from outside.
The large dining room/common room can seat up to 60 people and has a gas fire and TV/DVD.
The kitchen is modern with stainless steel benches, double sink, gas/electric stoves, refrigeration and electrical appliances. Crockery and cutlery is available.
A catering service can be provided if required at a cost of $45.00 per day.
There is a small twin tub washing machine and clothes dryer available.
We have on site activities specific to Outdoor Education and Team Building including Nature Trails and rugged costal exploration. A large range of initiative games and other activities can also be supplied from the Outdoor Education Group for both on and off site.
- Nature Trails
- Walking tours
- Outdoor Cooking on campfires (dependent on fire bans)
- Various bird watching
- Port Vincent Aquatic Centre – sailing, windsurfing, kayaking and guided tours, SUP boarding, knee boarding, snorkeling, small boat handling, kayaking trips
- Port Vincent Northern Walking Trail with diverse hikes and walking trails.
- Stunning South Australian beaches including Marion Bay, Sultana Point, Edithburgh, Corny Point, Port Victoria.
- Walk the Yorke, this trail links many existing coastal walking trails, and results in a magnificent walking experience right around the coast of beautiful Yorke Peninsula.
- Yorke Peninsula’s Lighthouses
- The Zanoni Shipwreck, permits for diving on the wreck can be obtained from the Maritime Heritage Branch of the Department for Environment and Heritage.
- Whale and dolphin watching
- The Yorke Peninsula Fishing Guide is full of information on what can be caught and where.
- Innes National Park
- Learn to surf – Core Surf Coaching (Yorkes Juniors) and Neptune Surf Coaching
- Surfing events – Yorkes Classic, Berry Bay Surf Jam and Ripcurl Grom Search.
- Port Vincent Aquatic Centre, all water sport activities for hire or lessons.