WELCOME TO DOUGLAS SCRUB
Located just a few minutes drive from picturesque McLaren Vale on the Fleurieu Peninsula, Douglas Scrub boasts 27 hectares of unspoilt heritage bushland and native wildlife.
Within an hour’s drive from Adelaide, Douglas Scrub features a range of indoor and outdoor accommodation including unpowered and powered campsites suitable for a range of age groups.
With the space to explore, enjoy the peace and tranquility of our natural playground in one of South Australia’s most sought over regions.
Facilities: Indoor accommodation for up to 68 guests, Unpowered and Powered campsites, Fully equipped kitchen, Heating, BBQ areas, Outdoor kitchen including sink, Large indoor group spaces, Activity Sheds & Shelters, Large amenity blocks with disabled access and Picnic area.
Activities: Outdoor cooking on campfires, Nature Trails, Star Gazing, Bird Watching, Climbing Wall, High Ropes Adventure Course, Outdoor Amphitheatre, and Volleyball.
Location: 216 Douglas Gully Road, Blewitt Springs SA 5171
Outdoor & Indoor Accommodation
PINE FLAT RESERVE
Pine Flat Reserve features 9 camping areas enclosed by towering pine trees and lush green grass.
Forrest Reserve provides four large, open, unpowered camping spaces for up to 30 guests per site.
KEN MAGUIRE RESERVE
Ken Maguire Reserve features 6 open camp sites with 3 powered areas and 3 unpowered camping areas.
Bunk-style accommodation available for up to 64 guests across two buildings – can be booked separately.
As a youth organisation devoted to leadership and outdoor education, Douglas Scrub is well suited for many Community and School Groups.
The indoor accommodation includes Douglas House which can accommodate up to 22 guests and Paxlease House accommodating up to 42 guests. Houses can be booked in conjunction to cater for a total of 64 guests.
We have on site activities specific to Outdoor Education and Team Building including an Adventure Course, Climbing Wall and Nature Trail. A large range of initiative games and other activities can also be supplied from the Outdoor Education Group both on and off site.
- Adventure Course
- Nature Trails
- Outdoor Cooking on Campfires (dependent on fire bans)
- ‘City in the Trees’ – a fun filled pioneering activity building Tree Houses!
- Various Bird Watching Tours
- Animal footprint cast making
- Climbing Wall
- All accessibility Flying Fox
- All accessibility Gyro Swing
- Volleyball (net provided but all other equipment required)
- Orienteering and Geocaching (satellite devices/compasses required)
- High Ropes and Rock Climbing – operated by Southern Adventure Hub
- Onkaparinga River National Park with diverse hikes, walking trails, canoeing and kayaking.
- Stunning South Australian beaches including Maslin Beach and Sellicks Beach
- The Almond Train, a converted 1920’s train carriage located near The Shiraz Trail.
- Port Noarlunga Jubilee Park Adventure Playground
- Kuitpo Forest
- Willunga Farmers Market
- McLaren Vale world-class wines and culinary experiences including Woodstock Wine Estate, Maxwell Wines, Mollydooker, and Coriole Vineyards
- Snorkelling at Port Noralunga
- Shipwreck diving at Port Willunga
- d’Arenberg winery, home to the Cube